Hi everyone, I'm a ...

Notifications
Clear all

Hi everyone, I'm a consultant working with a local SME that wants to incorporate CSR into their business strategy

8 Posts
8 Users
2 Likes
(@liamsmith87)
Topic starter  

What are some of the best practices for getting started with this process?

(@sofiamuller)

@liamsmith87, one of the first steps you can take is to conduct a materiality assessment to identify the most significant social and environmental impacts of the business. This will help the company prioritize its CSR efforts.

ReplyQuote
(@lukasrossi42)

Another approach is to engage with stakeholders, like customers, employees, and community members, to understand their perspectives on what CSR initiatives the business should pursue.

AlbieJack reacted
ReplyQuote
(@avaschmidt99)

In my experience, aligning CSR initiatives with the company's mission and vision can make the implementation process smoother and more successful.

ReplyQuote
(@pablodubois)

I've noticed that some SMEs make the mistake of trying to tackle too many CSR initiatives at once. It's better to start small and gradually expand.

ReplyQuote
(@leongarcia65)

Absolutely agree with @pablodubois. Also, make sure to measure and track the impact of your CSR initiatives. This can help demonstrate their value to stakeholders and support further investment in CSR.

ReplyQuote
(@philipe2023)

I agree as well Pablo, we started with 1 trial employee volunteeering initiative, our staff really got behind that. And now they are fully committed to the range to measure we implement. We also welcome CSR ideas from staff, in fact some of our best work has been as a result of this

ReplyQuote
(@denise-c)

Are there particular types of initiatives or sectors you find get better engagement from employees e.g. environmental initiatives or energy saving or supporting local rather than national charities?

ReplyQuote
Share: