European Project Consortium Set to Enhance Corporate Social Responsibility Implementation in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
The project Interactive Interactive Corporate Social Responsibility SME Readiness Toolkit (CSR-Ready), funded under the European Commission’s Erasmus+ Programme, has been officially launched today, 1st of September 2020.
Drawn from the public, private, and non-profit sector, the European project consortium consists of five organizations, namely:
- Tvw (Germany)
- Momentum Marketing Services (Ireland)
- European E-learning Institute (Copenhagen)
- University Industry Innovation Network (The Netherlands)
- Cámara Oficial de Comercio, Industria, Servicios y Navegación de España (Spain)
The Project will run for three years, with the aim to support Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in developing, implementing, and measuring their corporate social responsibility (CSR) in order to improve their social, ecological and economic footprint. This objective will be achieved through a collaborative approach that will bring together SME owners & managers, Higher Education Institutions and public authorities to investigate problems, generate solutions and implement findings. As a matter of fact, the project team will develop:
- An “International SME CSR-Ready Impact Framework”, that will serve as a guideline to identify challenges in SMEs’ CSR implementation and best practice approaches.
- A “CSR-Ready Curriculum and VET Training Package”, to provide knowledge and resources for VET trainers, support organisations and chambers to include CSR topics in their services.
- A “CSR-Ready Scoreboard + Toolkit”, that will allow SME owners & managers to effectively assess their CSR readiness and will provide information on their CSR status, potential benefits and impact areas, along with CSR challenges that they might encounter.
- A “CSR-Ready Knowledge Platform and OERs”, that will act both as a content delivery channel and as an interactive dialogue platform.
All partners will bundle their resources to deliver best quality in the realisation of these outputs as the latter will boost the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives among SMEs and provide high value-added potentials for the activities of all involved institutions.